Fancy a Cheap Ferrari?


In Italy, Berlusconi's replacement, Mario Monti, is busily trying to clean up the Italian state.   He's promising changes to the tax system - at the moment even the low-paid are taxed at 50%, which is why everyone avoids tax whenever possible.  The black economy is huge here.  But the rich are the biggest tax evaders of all and Monti is threatening to chase them up.  Which is why they're selling their Ferraris and buying something less eye-catching in an attempt to evade the dreaded Guardia di Finanza - a financial police force with blood-curdling powers!  So, if you want a testosterone boost, or fancy a display of machismo, the car dealers of Milan will probably be able to oblige with one of the rocket powered machines guaranteed to raise the CO2 levels of the planet even on a trip to the supermarket.  Sadly, I must confess that I do experience the odd moment of lust when one roars past my modest Peugeot on the road, but my sensible self soon re-asserts itself!

Comments

  1. I can't say I have ever wanted a Ferrari.
    I did have petrol-head phase in my youth.
    But now I buy for safety and economy.
    But the go fast part of me still exerts itself some times.
    We have of all things a FIAT which is both very economical and a pocket rocket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts